a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli announces retirement

Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli shocked the tennis world on Wednesday by announcing her retirement from the sport at the age of 28.

2013 Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli

After a second round loss to Romanian Simona Halep at the Western and Southern Open (W&S Open Tennis Live Streaming) , the Frenchwoman walked into the media room and said: "I just can't do it anymore".

Her surprise announcement comes just six weeks after she beat Germany's Sabine Lisicki in the Wimbledon final to claim her first and only grand slam title.

"Well, it's never easy and obviously there is never a time to say it or whatever, but that was actually the last match of my career," said Bartoli, wiping the tears from her eyes. "It's time for me to retire and to call it a career.

"I feel it's time for me to walk away." - Reuters



For More Personal Updates Follow Me on TWITTER or Like My Page on FACEBOOK
You Can Also CONTACT ME HERE.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis