a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Friday, October 2, 2015

Gilas Pilipinas' Gabe Norwood adds two-handed slam to his growing FIBA highlight reel (VIDEO)

In last year’s FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain, Philippine national men’s basketball team forward Gabe Norwood made one of the most memorable plays – posterizing Argentina’s Luis Scola to land No. 3 on FIBA’s best plays list.
The athletic swingman isn’t quite done growing his personal FIBA highlight reel just yet.
On Thursday, he took a pass from teammate Andray Blatche and elevated for a huge two-handed slam against Lebanon in the quarterfinal.

“I had to make up for the missed one in the first half. I don’t remember the last time I missed a dunk in a game,” Norwood said of the play.

The humble Filipino defensive stopper said that he wasn’t going after highlights but merely thinking of what’s best for the team.

“Just come out and try to contribute any way I can, especially on the offensive end,” said Norwood.

“I’ve been working on my shot, I think I shot about five threes today that all felt good. Hopefully, they’ll go down for me tomorrow.”

He also spoke about the emotionally charged performance of Gilas against a Lebanon side that they felt disrespected by.

“Great emotional game for us. Just with the things that were said beforehand, I think we got caught up in it a little bit,” Norwood said.

“But we were able to still come out with a victory in the end.”

 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis