a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.
SEARCH THIS BLOG!
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera BOXING FULL FIGHT REPLAY VIDEO
Danny Garcia kept his undefeated record intact late Saturday (Sunday, PHL time) by taking a majority decision over challenger Mauricio Herrera in a light welterweight title fight.
Garcia improved to 28-0 and retained his World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association titles with a hard-fought victory that two judges scored 116-112 and the third had even, 114-114.

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Daniel Ponce de Leon BOXING FULL REPLAY VIDEO
After a tense opening round featuring both guys landing a couple of solid blows, Juan Manuel Lopez and Daniel Ponce De Leon brought out the big guns in round two, and it was Lopez who got his career back on track with a stoppage win against the same man he stopped in one round back in 2008.
Lopez (34-3, 31 KO) was dropped fairly hard by Ponce De Leon (45-6, 35 KO) in the second round, but shortly after landed a beautiful right hook that put Ponce De Leon on the canvas.
Juan Manuel Lopez vs Daniel Ponce de Leon BOXING FULL REPLAY VIDEO
Lopez (34-3, 31 KO) was dropped fairly hard by Ponce De Leon (45-6, 35 KO) in the second round, but shortly after landed a beautiful right hook that put Ponce De Leon on the canvas.

Thursday, March 13, 2014
LA Lakers' Kobe Bryant out for rest of 'frustrating' NBA season
Hobbled five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant has been shut down for the season, the Los Angeles Lakers said on Wednesday in a crowning blow to an abysmal year for the storied franchise.
Bryant, 35, has not played since Dec. 17 when he fractured his knee during a game against Memphis after having missed the first 19 games of the 2013-14 NBA season recovering from a torn Achilles from last April.
"Obviously this has been a frustrating and disappointing season, but I appreciate all the support I've received from the Lakers and the fans, and look forward to being back and ready for the start of training camp," Bryant said in a statement.
Bryant, 35, has not played since Dec. 17 when he fractured his knee during a game against Memphis after having missed the first 19 games of the 2013-14 NBA season recovering from a torn Achilles from last April.
"Obviously this has been a frustrating and disappointing season, but I appreciate all the support I've received from the Lakers and the fans, and look forward to being back and ready for the start of training camp," Bryant said in a statement.

Sen. Angara: Beating FIBA deadline for Andray Blatche naturalization a 'tall order'
Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara admitted Wednesday that beating Fiba’s July 15 deadline to clear the necessary requirements for a naturalized player to be eligible in the coming World Cup won’t be easy.
“It’s a tall order but we will try our best,” Angara, Senate Committee chairman on Games, Amusement and Sports, told INQUIRER in a text message Wednesday.
Angara filed Senate Bill No. 2108 on February 5 granting Filipino citizenship to American Andray Blatche, who plays center for the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA, to fortify Gilas Pilipinas’ bid in the World Cup this August.
“It’s a tall order but we will try our best,” Angara, Senate Committee chairman on Games, Amusement and Sports, told INQUIRER in a text message Wednesday.
Angara filed Senate Bill No. 2108 on February 5 granting Filipino citizenship to American Andray Blatche, who plays center for the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA, to fortify Gilas Pilipinas’ bid in the World Cup this August.

MVP watches Golden State Warriors' game; 'definitely' interested in buying it
Telecommunications mogul Manuel V. Pangilinan, who had previously expressed his interest in buying into an NBA franchise, was in attendance at a Golden State Warriors game on Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila) as the home team took on the visiting Dallas Mavericks at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
Pangilinan is in Silicon Valley this week for a summit alongside senior executives of the First Pacific Group.
This was not an official scouting for the Warriors but he told InterAksyon.com that he is “definitely” still interested in a minority stake in the team.
Pangilinan is in Silicon Valley this week for a summit alongside senior executives of the First Pacific Group.
This was not an official scouting for the Warriors but he told InterAksyon.com that he is “definitely” still interested in a minority stake in the team.

FIBA tightens up on eligibility for Basketball World Cup
FIBA has set deadlines for submission of vital documents to formalize participation in the World Cup in Spain on Aug. 30-Sept. 14 and a hefty fine of $28,000 awaits a team that fails to turn in proof of citizenship for a naturalized player by July 15.
The first deadline is June 15 to confirm the participation of the 24 countries, including wildcards Greece, Turkey, Finland and Brazil. The next deadline is July 15 for each country to submit the initial list of 24 players with passports, birth certificates and FIBA player IDs. A fine of $28,000 will be imposed on teams that miss the deadline.
The first deadline is June 15 to confirm the participation of the 24 countries, including wildcards Greece, Turkey, Finland and Brazil. The next deadline is July 15 for each country to submit the initial list of 24 players with passports, birth certificates and FIBA player IDs. A fine of $28,000 will be imposed on teams that miss the deadline.

Sunday, March 9, 2014
SMC denies blocking Greg Slaughter, Mario Lassiter from Gilas
San Miguel Corp. (SMC) denied any involvement in the decision of their two players to pass up the chance to join Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA Basketball World Cup.
SMC chief of basketball operations, Robert Non, said that they even encouraged Greg Slaughter to join the national training pool.
Slaughter, who plays for Barangay Ginebra, and San Miguel Beer’s Mario Lassiter recently announced that they are pulling out of the Gilas training pool.
SMC chief of basketball operations, Robert Non, said that they even encouraged Greg Slaughter to join the national training pool.
Slaughter, who plays for Barangay Ginebra, and San Miguel Beer’s Mario Lassiter recently announced that they are pulling out of the Gilas training pool.

Subscribe to:
Comments (Atom)


