a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Floyd Mayweather on Manny Pacquiao: He had a chance, He blew it

The on-again, off-again, on-again with conditions bout between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao looks to be off again, after the undefeated American boxer told Michigan Live reporter David Mayo, 

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Manny Pacquiao

"He's [Pacquiao] not going to get a chance to fight me."

Speaking in an interview in Las Vegas, where Mayweather is training for his upcoming bout against Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, Mayweather said, "Me and Pacquiao had a chance to make a fight in the past, and basically that's the best place I'd like to leave it [in the past].

"As of right now, I'm not really thinking of Pacquiao. Good luck to whatever he's doing.

"He handled his career like he handled his career, and I handled my career like I handled my career."

Last month, Mayweather had told Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports that he'd fight Pacquiao if the latter left Top Rank Promotions and signed up with his own outfit, Mayweather Promotions.

Earlier in August, Pacquiao responded to Mayweather calling him a has-been, in an interview with Marco Villegas of the Boxing Channel, by challenging him again, saying, "That's good for you [my being a has-been] because you can easily beat me in the ring.

However, Mayweather brushed off his earlier comments by saying, "That's probably how I was feeling at that particular time.

"How are things today? He's not going to get a chance to fight me. I was feeling that way weeks ago. Now I'm feeling like I wouldn't even give him a chance. He had a chance, he blew it, so that's what it is."

Mayweather (44-0, 26 KO) and Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KO) are two of the most decorated boxers in recent history, but feuds over the split of the money, and drug testing conditions, among others, have prevented the two from ever facing off.

The Mayweather-Alvarez bout is set for September 14, in Las Vegas, while Pacquiao takes on Brandon Rios in Macau on November 23. 




article source: gmanews.tv


For More Personal Updates Follow Me on TWITTER or Like My Page on FACEBOOK
You Can Also CONTACT ME HERE.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis