a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Juan Manuel Marquez says Manny Pacquiao chapter is closed

Is there really no chance of a fifth fight happening between archrivals Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao?

As far as Marquez is concerned, his storied rivalry with Pacquiao was over the moment he knocked out the Filipino icon in their last bout in November last year.

Marquez, who challenges WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley this Sunday, once again brushed off a fifth meeting with Pacquiao, insisting there’s no point in it.

In a report by Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times, Marquez recounted how he finally defeated his bitter rival after coming up short in their previous bouts.

“After all those fights, I knew what he likes to do,” Marquez said. “He has this little feint when he’s coming in,” said Marquez.
Pacquiao’s feinting, according to Marquez, left the Filipino vulnerable to counter-attacks, and the Mexican successfully capitalized on it when he landed a perfectly timed right cross that sent Pacquiao to dreamland at the end of the sixth round in their November fight.

“That little feint, I knew it was coming because I saw it earlier,” Marquez said. “As soon as I saw it, I knew he was coming right at me. That’s when I threw.”

It was arguably the most impressive win of Marquez’s career, something he said finally put an end to his obsession in convincingly beating Pacquiao.

For a while, Pacquiao pursued a fifth meeting with his rival. Marquez, for his part, reiterated that it’s over.

“The chapter with Pacquiao is closed,” Marquez said. “That fifth fight, I’m not interested, don’t see it.”

Both fighters have gone their separate ways, with Pacquiao taking on Brandon Rios on Nov. 24 to begin his path to redemption. Marquez, meanwhile, has chosen to deal with Bradley for less money than what he might’ve earned in another rematch with Pacquiao.


But Marquez says money isn’t an issue.

“Money is what’s important in life [but] what’s most important to me is the honor, the pride. Everyone knows what happened in those four fights. I want to keep that great moment alive. If I had won by close decision, I’d have signed a contract for a fifth fight after the fight,” Marquez said.

“I won, it was a great victory for me. I [won’t] sign the contract,” he stressed.

 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis