a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Retirement? Jimmy Alapag to join Gilas Pilipinas in Spain

Jimmy Alapag may have promised to retire from international competitions, but he wouldn't miss Gilas Pilipinas’ most important competition for anything in the world.

Jimmy Alapag Gilas Pilipinas

The 35-year-old play maker, who keyed Gilas’ most important plays against Korea, said he wanted to be with the Nationals when they campaign in the Basketball World Cup 2014 in Spain.

“I’d love to be part of it [Gilas team in World Cup]. It’s gonna be a once-in-a-lifetime experience so I’ll talk to coach Chot [Reyes] about it and the rest of the coaching staff because I’d love to be in the team,” Alapag said in Richard Dy’s Spin.ph report.

“I love to be with the guys. I hope we can continue to play further in international basketball,” added Alapag, who is considered the most “senior” in the Gilas squad.

Gilas Pilipinas will battle the best basketball teams in the world stage following its second place finish in the recently concluded FIBA Asia Championship.

The Filipinos defeated South Korea, 86-79, in the semifinal before losing a gallant fight against Iran, 85-71.

Alapag said Gilas achieved a remarkable feat in FIBA Asia despite being undersized compared to other Asian teams.

“I couldn’t have been more proud of being a Filipino. And I couldn’t have been more proud of my teammates. I know it’s been a tough 11 days,” he said.




article source: abs-cbnnews.com


For More Personal Updates Follow Me on TWITTER or Like My Page on FACEBOOK
You Can Also CONTACT ME HERE.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis