a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Derrick Rose wishes 'nothing but the best' for Gilas Pilipinas

Former NBA MVP and Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose is happy for what Gilas-Pilipinas has achieved in the FIBA-Asia Championship, but advised them that the hard part has yet to come.

Derrick Rose wishes 'nothing but the best' for Gilas Pilipinas

In a press conference held at Marriott Hotel Monday afternoon, Rose told members of the media that the Philippine national team must come ready when they compete in the FIBA World Cup in Spain next year.

"I wish them nothing but the best. But they have to prepare," said Rose.

After placing second in the FIBA-Asia Championship, the Gilas national squad will enter Spain with a tough task of facing bigger and stronger opponents like U.S.A. and Spain.

"They can't just let themselves be embarrassed in front of the world, in front of you guys."

The 2011 NBA Most Valuable Player also expressed his willingness to suit up for Team USA if he gets extended an invitation.

"If they pick me, yes," Rose said gladly. "Just give me anybody. I just want to go out there and play."

On his NBA return, Rose constantly reminded people that he is itching to get back on the court and made it clear that his ultimate goal is to give the city of Chicago a title.

"I want a championship. But I miss playing with my teammates more," shared Rose.

"I've been preparing myself for a whole year now, so I know I'm ready. I'm excited go up against any team. I've been gone for a while so every game is going to be exciting for me."

Rose, who is in Manila for the adidas DRose Tour, attended the adidas Unite All Originals party at Club Haze last Saturday and dropped by the SMART-Araneta Coliseum for the DRose Tour 3-on-3 grand finals on Sunday.

The famed point guard also participated in a 3-point shooting contest against Rain or Shine's Chris Tiu and Ginebra's Josh Urbiztondo, before playing in a 3-on-3 exhibition game.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis