a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

US Open: Roger Federer upset by No.19 seed Tommy Robredo

Spanish 19th seed Tommy Robredo has posted a shock upset over five time champion Roger Federer, winning their fourth round battle 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-4 at the US Open on Monday night.

The 31-year-old Robredo snapped a 0-10 FedEx ATP Head2Head losing record against the Swiss seventh seed in the match which lasted two hours and 24 minutes.

"I beat the best guy of all time... in a place that he loves to play, I'm delighted," Robredo said in an on-court interview. "I made the break points, he did not," added the Spaniard.


Federer converted just two of 16 break point chances, missing six in both the second and third sets. "I missed so many opportunities, rhythm was off," said the 17-time major winner. "I struggled throughout, which is not very satisfying... I kind of feel like I beat myself, without taking any credit away from Tommy. Clearly he was making sure he was making many balls. It was up to me to make the difference and I couldn't."

Federer, who was both frustrated and disappointed, said he "self-destructed." The former World No. 1 won just 32 of 52 net points during the loss, which ended his record streak of reaching at least the quarter-finals at 36 consecutive Grand Slams. It's also the first year since 2002 that Federer has not reached a major final.

Due to scheduling changes following a rain delay, it was Federer's first match on Louis Armstrong Stadium since 2006.

The victory marks World No. 22 Robredo's first time past the round of 16 in 12 attempts. The right-hander, who was ranked as high as No. 5 in 2006, will face second seed Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals.




source:
atpworldtour.com

For More Personal Updates Follow Me on TWITTER or Like My Page on FACEBOOK
You Can Also CONTACT ME HERE.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis