a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Manny Pacquiao: "My time is not done yet"

Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao insists his boxing career is far from over and is planning to show his vintage form when he faces off against American Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios in their November 24 welterweight showdown in Macau.

In an episode of HBO’s “Face Off With Max Kellerman,” Pacquiao expressed his confidence that he can still compete at a high level even though he has lost his two previous fights.

“My speed and power are still there,” said Pacquiao, as quoted by RingTV. “I believe that I can prove to the people that I can still fight, and that my boxing career is not done yet.”

“The most important thing is that I want to get back the trust and confidence of the fans,” he added. “I have a 100% desire to continue my boxing career. I’m not old. I’m still young.”

Pacquiao noted that he knows how the younger Rios feels. “I can remember when I was the age like him. I was hungry, really focused on training,” he said.

“I can do that, even though I’m 34 years old,” Pacquiao warned. “Here’s the thing. My time is not over yet. So this generation is still my generation.”

Pacquiao has lost two consecutive matches, having been outpointed by unbeaten American Timothy Bradley in June 2012 before getting knocked out by Mexican rival Juan Manuel Marquez last December.

Against Rios, he faces a highly motivated fighter who is known for his knockout power and consistent pressure. Rios has repeatedly stated his intention to retire Pacquiao, something he reiterated during the show.

“I’ve got to go in there and I gotta retire you,” he said. “I’ve got to retire Manny Pacquiao, because I’m the next star.”

 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis