a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Friday, December 6, 2013

Bob Arum's Blueprint To Make Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Bob Arum's Blueprint To Finally Make Pacquiao vs. Mayweather
Bob Arum's Blueprint To Make Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
"We would like to receive a phone call that they would like to make the fight. Then to set up a meeting - the normal way - without any interference from the press. Because once the press gets involved, then egos get involved. So I'm hopeful. I know our side wants it. I think it's too much to hope that it could be put together for the first six months of next year, but maybe the second six months. Each of 'em have a fight (Floyd vs. Khan, Pacquiao vs. Bradley, Provodnikov or Marquez), then fight in November. But I'm open to anything."

Arum denies that personal animosity between himself and Floyd Mayweather is an obstacle:

"Bob Velin (USA TODAY) did a story on (Floyd), he talked with him. And he told me Floyd Mayweather said, "I have nothing against Bob Arum. I like him very much." That's what Velin told me. When exactly he said it I don't know. But I have never ever had any animosity towards Floyd - and Floyd himself has never had any animosity towards me, or to Todd. When we see each other we hug each other, whatever that means. So there hasn't been any personal animosity. Now obviously there are people with him that stir up a lot of stuff (Haymon and Schaefer) for whatever reason and I'm not going to speculate. But as far as Floyd - the whole Mayweather family, Roger and I are friendly, we're friendly with Floyd Sr. We're really friendly."

Arum says there needs to be a big meeting, a summit, involving all the players: "Everybody would have to meet. Talk about an incredible summit. When Lewis and Tyson fought that took the cooperation of everyone. Including Don King and HBO (actually King was not involved in Lewis vs. Tyson in 2002). It can be done. Anything can be done. It depends on the willingness of people to do it. And to set aside ego. It's not a big deal getting two guys into the ring to fight each other. There's certain issues that have to be dealt with. But if we just look at an athletic contest and we include in that the testing, there are no issues. The size of the gloves - that's done. The size of the ring if they fight in Nevada - its not an end to the fight. There are no boxing related issues - who goes into the ring first. So what is there? The financials. But again, those can be solved. If people aren't obstinate, those can be solved, the give and take."

Arum says one genuine, honest phone call could trigger the process to start the production of the biggest event in boxing history, Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather.

"I'm still waiting for a call from Espinoza (Showtime Boxing VP)..."

I know for a fact that Showtime executives read my work. For my friends over at Showtime, how about giving the boss a memo to tell Mr. Espinoza to dial the phone number to the Top Rank offices in Las Vegas, here, I'll even give you the number...702-732-27l7...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis