a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Jessie Vargas is Bob Arum's back-up plan for Manny Pacquiao (VIDEO)

Unbeaten fighter Jessie Vargas is part of Top Rank chief executive's Bob Arum back-up plan for Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao should a potential mega-fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. fall through.
Vargas retained his WBA light-welterweight title by beating Antonio DeMarco in the undercard of Pacquiao's title defense against Chris Algieri in Macau recently. After his win, Vargas made it clear that he wants to fight Pacquiao in the future.
"I'm looking forward to bigger and better opportunities. I'm looking forward to a fight against Manny Pacquiao," Vargas said in a post-fight press conference.

Arum, in an interview the Las Vegas Review Journal, acknowledged that Vargas is a "fan-friendly fighter."

"He has shown the ability to take a punch and to throw a punch," Arum added. "He deserves to be on the short list for a fight with Manny."

Arum also said, however, that casual boxing fans still need to become more familiar with Vargas before he is put inside the ring against the "Pacman."

"I'd like to see him on HBO again, so people will become more familiar with Jessie before we put him on a pay-per-view with Manny," the promoter said. "But we'll see."

Arum also made it clear that he is focused on "trying to get this fight with Mayweather done."

"I will leave no stone unturned to make the Mayweather fight," he said.

Vargas has guaranteed that if he is given a fight against Pacquiao, he will put on a show.

"I'm not going to run. I never have, and I will always come here to give you a great fight," he promised. "That's always been the purpose of my game. If that fight happens, you won't see me running around."

"You're gonna see a war. I will sit there and trade with Manny Pacquiao."


 source: abs-cbnnews.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis