a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Greg Slaughter: "I just hope to end up with Barangay Ginebra"

Potential top rookie pick Greg Slaughter is not pressured at all if and when he joins Barangay Ginebra as the year’s no. 1 overall selection in this year’s PBA Draft.

He said suiting up in a Ginebra uniform will allow him to help the league’s most popular ballclub win a league title after a five-year drought given the mixture of veterans and young players in the team.

The 7-foot center out of Ateneo and University of the Visayas is tipped to be picked by the Kings as the year’s top pick in Sunday’s Rookie Draft at Robinson’s Place in Malate.

“I don’t feel pressured. But I just see a great opportunity to do great things for Ginebra, which has a lot of fan support and I received nothing but love. I really appreciate the love. I just hope to end up with Ginebra,” said Slaughter.

Although Slaughter worked out with Ginebra at Green Meadows on Wednesday morning, the former Gilas cadet mainstay refused to say his entry with the team is final until he personally hears his name called on draft day.

“The only concern I have is trying to win right away and looking at what team I end up on. I hope to have the best shot at winning a championship right away,” he said.

The 25-year-old big man said he likes the mixture of talent at Ginebra.

“It (Ginebra) looks like a real good team. They got athleticism, veteran leadership, and the only thing they are really missing is a big man in the middle,” he said.

“Hopefully, I can fill that plug and be a complete team and get things going.”

Ginebra’s weakness in the frontcourt was more pronounced during the Commissioner’s Cup Finals last summer.

Without a legitimate big man, Alaska veteran Sonny Thoss barreled his way for points inside to lead the Aces to a three-game sweep of the Kings in the best-of-five series. Thoss won his first Finals MVP in the process.

Slaughter said he did his homework while in the US as he prepares for the draft, lifting weights and training with a friend who plays gridiron football in America.

“All I was doing was lifting weights and try to get in shape and strong enough to bang with the big boys in the PBA because I was there (US) for over a month. I left here last September 16,” he added.


 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis