a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

UST's Jeric Teng applies for 2013 PBA Rookie Draft

Graduating University of Santo Tomas (UST) guard Jeric Teng is now setting his sights on the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA).

Teng, who was unable to lead the growling tigers to the promised land in the UAAP, revealed on Thursday’s episode of ANC’s “Headstart” that he has applied for the PBA rookie draft so he can fulfill his dreams of playing in the pro league.

Teng, whose main role model is his dad, PBA legend Alvin "Robocop" Teng, hopes a team will notice his talent in the hardcourt.

“I applied for the rookie draft. I hope a team will get me. it is my dream to play in the PBA,” Teng said.

Asked which team he is eyeing, Teng said he is willing to play for any team "who would want me and need me."

Meanwhile, his young brother Jeron also said he wants to play for the PBA after he's finished with school.

Jeron, who won the Finals MBP after leading the De La Salle University past UST for the UAAP men’s basketball title, is more specific about the team he wants to play for and what he needs to do to get there.

“I have to work on my shooting, I have to admit to that. That's my weakness now. If I go pro, I want to play with any team of the San Miguel group,” he said.

San Miguel Corp. chairman Eduardo “Danding” Cojuangco is a top patron of La Salle.

Jeron, who took up Marketing in UST, also said he wants to be involved in business. "If I wasn’t playing basketball, I’d be handling a business," he said.

The brothers, who revealed that they still share a room at home, also revealed that they idolize the same PBA player: San Mig Coffee's James Yap.

“He’s really good," said Jeric. "He has it all already but the drive is still there.”

“He’s really talented. He still works hard. We know him and he’s really a good guy and a good role model for young basketball player,” Jeron added.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis