a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Rice For Me This Holy Week ?



NO RICE FOR ME FOR THE ENTIRE HOLY WEEK. Yap! You read it correctly dude. I will not allow myself to consume any rice of any kind starting today (Palm Sunday) 'til Saturday. I'm not doing this to lose some weight or to prepare myself for some beach body contest. On the other hand, I'am doing this because I want it to serve as my own little sacrifice this holy week. 

I came to this decision last month... 'Nung matupad yung hiling ko kay God na manalo naman sana ako sa Cake Decorating Competition kasi nakakahiya na kung matatalo na naman ako kasi pangatlong beses ko nang sumali dun. Nung hinihiling ko yun sabi ko sa sarili ko na kapag nanalo ako hindi ako magra-rice sa Holy Week

I know to some people, the no-rice-thing may look shallow and funny at the same time. Pero para sa akin, serious yun at mahirap i-accomplish dahil for me.. a meal is nothing without rice. and I'm sure most of you can relate to that unless you are filthy rich who don't eat rice on a regular basis.




Also I realized na blessed ako this semester. I won on HRM Quiz Bee sa school. I was elected as Vice President of HRM Organization. I bagged 2nd Place on Inter-HRM Competition and I'm doing great sa mga subjects ko. So, feel na feel ko talaga na anak ako ng Diyos nitong mga nakalipas na buwan. Kaya what is 1 week of no rice compared sa blessings na natanggap ko.

Ngayong araw ko sinimulan 'tong No-Rice-This-Holy-Week. It's my first time doing this. and as of this moment. I could say I'am doing fine... Not great but at least fine. 







For More Personal Updates Follow Me on TWITTER or Like My Page on FACEBOOK 
..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis