a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Greg Slaughter confident he can 'slay' PBA's big men

Potential number one overall pick Greg Slaughter minced no words in saying that he is ready to dominate the league he is about to enter.
Interviewed by Solar Sports Desk during his surprise “visit” in last weekend’s Ginebra practice at the Acropolis Gym, Slaughter said he is ready to take the next step after dominating the collegiate leagues in Cebu and Manila.

“Yeah, absolutely. My best games come out when I play people my size. Eversince I came out here I knew it’s the PBA where I wanted to be that’s why I came out here, started out in Cebu,” said the Ohio-born Slaughter.

The 25-year-old Slaughter, who played two years with Ateneo in the UAAP, eventually joined Ginebra in their regular practice session this week, the strongest hint that he is about to sign up with the league’s top crowd drawer.

“I’m very thankful I’m going to end up with Ginebra. I don’t think I could ask anything more than that,” said Slaughter “The fans have been very welcoming even though I’m not on this team yet. I can already feel the support from them.”

Perhaps Slaughter’s confidence in making an immediate impact in the league has something to do with incoming sophomore JuneMar Fajardo who had a strong Governors’ Cup campaign.

Playing for the University of the Visayas Lancers, Slaughter holds a 3-0 edge in championship faceoffs opposite Fajardo and his University of Cebu Webmasters during their stint with Cebu Schools Athletics Foundation Inc. (Cesafi) from 2007 to 2009.

“We’ve had our battles in Cebu and I’m excited to play with him again. I won’t say we have a rivalry. It’s just business,” said Slaughter “Just happens that we’ve always ran into each other down there and I’m sure we’ll be running into each other a lot up here.”

Slaughter considers his coaches in Cebu namely former PBA superstars Al Solis and Boy Cabahug as his mentors who helped him improve his shooting touch.

Ginebra holds the number one pick in this year’s Rookie Draft that will happen Sunday afternoon at the Robinson’s Place in Ermita, Manila.

 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis