a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Former Ginebra import returns to Manila as Indiana Pacers (VIDEO)

Former Barangay Ginebra import Donald Sloan is looking forward to his return to the Philippines, this time as a member of the Indiana Pacers.


Sloan, who played for Ginebra in the 2011 Governors’ Cup, was signed by the Pacers this off-season and will be with the team when they visit Manila on October 10 with the Houston Rockets in the first ever pre-season game to be played in the country.

In an interview with Dennis Guillermo of NBA Philippines, Sloan said he is excited to return to the country, especially as he still has good memories of his time as a PBA import.

“Never say die, that’s what I learned about playing with Ginebra,” Sloan said in an interview with Guillermo during the Pacers’ media day last week. “Even though my stint over there was short, I loved it.”

“I loved my teammates, I loved the culture and the country,” he said.

Sloan also considers his PBA stint as a vital step in his journey to the NBA.

“That was one of my stepping stones, one of the steps that I took to wind up in this jersey right here,” he said, pointing to his No. 15 Pacers jersey.

Sloan still keeps in touch with his old Ginebra teammates, and plans to have dinner with them during his visit.

“They’re excited,” he said. “I told them that I’m sure they could get tickets, but if they can’t, then I will get them tickets to the game.”

Sloan previously suited for New Orleans and Cleveland last season.

 

Comments
1 Comments

1 comments:

  1. he should know that caguioa is the reigning MVP league :))

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis