a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ruslan Provodnikov says Manny Pacquiao fight now possible

MANILA, Philippines – Russian brawler Ruslan Provodnikov has changed his tune regarding a potential fight with Filipino boxing icon Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao, as the “Siberian Rocky” now says that he is willing to face off against the former pound-for-pound king.

Provodnikov, the reigning WBO light-welterweight champion, initially turned down a fight against Pacquiao. Both fighters are trained by Hall-of-Famer Freddie Roach and have sparred together before.

But Provodnikov revealed to Boxing Scene that he has changed his mind after taking some time to think about what fighting Pacquiao will mean to his career.

“The chances are good that we will meet Pacquiao on April 12,” said Provodnikov. “As you know, I originally did not want to fight with (Pacquiao), because we both trained under the guidance of Freddie Roach.”

“Then, while I was on vacation at a resort, I carefully thought about the situation, and I decided that if fate is giving me the opportunity, then I need to use it,” he added.

“To refuse a fight with such a great boxer is stupid. I’ve always wanted to fight with the best, and Pacquiao is at the top of the ceiling.”

But Provodnikov also admitted that Pacquiao is not his first choice.

“The most preferred opponent for me is Juan Manuel Marquez,” he said. “I know that negotiations are being conducted with him.”

“But if he refuses, then I have to fight with Pacquiao,” he added.

If a fight with Pacquiao happens, Provodnikov knows that he will have to make changes to his team.

“It will be necessary to look for a new coach, because if a fight with Manny takes place, then Freddie Roach, of course, will side with him,” the Russian said, adding that he is confident of giving Pacquiao a true challenge.

“I’m confident in myself,” he said. “There is no doubt that I can have a real fight with him.”

 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis