a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Joe Devance admits fault in San Mig Coffee-GlobalPort brawl

San Mig Coffee’s Joe Devance has apologized for escalating the fight which broke out during their game against GlobalPort on Wednesday.


Devance shoved GlobalPort’s Marvin Hayes after the latter got entangled with Mixers’ import Marques Blakely. It was the action that supposedly triggered the free-for-all.


Devance, together with team mate Marc Pingris and GlobalPort players Hayes and Kelly Nabong, appeared at the PBA commissioner’s office to explain their side regarding the melee.

“It was a good meeting [with PBA chieftain Chito Salud]. I said my side. I know I’m still at a fault on that because I made it a bigger situation rather than what could have been,” he said in Richard Dy’s Spin report.

The 6’8” Filipino-American said he merely reacted after seeing Hayes pushing down Blakely’s head to the floor.

“It was just one of those things that if you see your brother getting hit, you will go to his aid. It was just in a different circumstance because we’re on TV. I should have thought of that, but I just saw a friend getting hit, so I’m gonna help him out,” he said.

He, however, admitted his mistake and promised to abide by Salud’s decision on the matter.

“I don’t know what will happen with me and Ping (Pingris), but whatever his (Salud’s) decision is, I will respect,” said Devance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis