a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Manny Pacquiao dedicates fight vs Rios to Yolanda victims

Filipino fight icon Manny Pacquiao is dedicating his November 24 ring comeback to victims of super typhoon “Yolanda” that ravaged the Philippines last week.

Pacquiao will face dangerous Mexican-American fighter Brandon Rios in Macau in his first fight since being knocked out by rival Juan Manuel Marquez last year.

The fighter, who also serves as congressman of Sarangani province, said his training prevented him from personally getting involved in relief efforts.

“I really feel very bad over what happened in the Visayas region where more than 10,000 people are believed to have lost their lives,” Pacquiao said in a statements.

“I really want to visit the area and personally do what I can to help our countrymen who have suffered so much in this terrible tragedy but I’m in deep training in General Santos City for a crucial fight so I regret I cannot go.

“I will send help to those who need it the most and I enjoin all of you to pray for our country and people in these trying times.”

 source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis