a must-read blog of a simple college guy who dreaming big in life. his blog deals with talks about sports, entertainment, food, travel and his personal life. - It started as a hobby until it become part of his life.

SEARCH THIS BLOG!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Chris Banchero tops all five drills in PBA Draft Combine (VIDEO)

STANLEY Pringle may be the consensus top pick, but Chris Banchero believes he deserves the same stature ahead of the PBA Rookie Draft on Sunday. 

The projected lottery pick showed why on Monday when he topped all five biometric tests in the Draft Combine at the Gatorade Hoops Center in Mandaluyong.

 Banchero proved how quick he was as he finished the lane agility drill in just 8.33 seconds, the shuttle run test in just 16.87 ticks, and sprinted three-fourths of the court in just 2.91 seconds. 

 And even standing just 6’1”, the Filipino-Italian playmaker emerged the highest leaper, recording 33.73 inches in the standing vertical leap and jumping as high as 68.32 inches in the maximum vertical leap. 

They may just be measurements, but that was still a way for Banchero to make an early statement. “At the end of the day, I came here to be the top performer,” the 25-year-old point guard said. 

"I've been working everyday on my game, to perform at the top level." With Pringle expected to be selected by GlobalPort, Banchero is slated to go next.

 "I believe I'm worthy of the top pick. I believe that my ability shows that," the former San Miguel Beer star in the Asean Basketball League said. 

"But I want to go to a team that wants me," he was quick to add. 

"Regardless of one, two, three, four, or five, it doesn't matter because I’m going to go out there and do my best." It’s Pringle turn to show off his skills on Tuesday in the second half of the Combine. The first half featured the first 47 draft applicants whose surnames start with the letters A through G. 

Here are highlights of the scrimmages in the PBA Draft Combine:


 source: spin.ph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Share your thoughts. Ask and I Will Reply.

ShareThis